Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My desire to see the presidency of Liberia rotated as per county every four years, is seriously becoming a past time and a passion. What are some of the advantages of each of the fifteen counties taking the responsibility of leading the nation every four years? Keep reading.


Liberians can untangle themselves from the old ways by initially changing the way we elect our leaders. We can rewrite our constitution to reflect some of the suggestions I made, making life easy for all of us.
 
We are a tribal people. We love to see our kind up there. Make that possible and the potential for conflicts reduces. The potential for military coups is eliminated.
 
We can modify the democratic process by blending it with what is good for our situation. Only America has a tribal reservation. Everyone else comes and assimilates into the American way. That is impossible in Liberia with sixteen diverse ethnic groups. And the war made things even worse.
 
Everything falls into place when each county in Liberia is given the chance to lead the nation for four or six years. This will surely give Liberians the chance to think about things other than politics.
 
I myself want to be president of Liberia. I will never be reach that goal with the present system in tact. With my mode of thinking, I may have a chance if my county thinks I am good for the country. My impact in the county must reflect what's ahead for the country. My ability to negotiate with Mittal Steel to bring the pork home, for example, will show how well I will do for the country as a whole.
 
With Wologisi in the spotlight, how well are citizens in Lofa County doing when it comes to benefiting from the huge revenue potential from their mountain? How are the sons and daughters making things happen for the people of Lofa? How are the negotiations going in Sinoe County with regard to the oil palm entities?
 
165 years of an unblended system has left us with no water, no light, no roads, no hospitals, no nothing. The war did not even help!
 
If I don't kill my own people, I can never be president. If I don't put those who disagree with me in jail or threaten to unleash tragedy upon my own people, I can't rule in peace.That is so wrong and evil. How does one even rule normally after such carnage and brutality? 
 
My mode of thinking is similar to that of the Vatican's. A Pope is elected, the people wait, white smoke comes from a chimney, the people see their new leader, and happiness returns to society.
 
Liberians need to rethink this whole thing over for the good of all of us and posterity. We can do far better than what we are doing at the moment.
 
5/3/13
 
 
 

No comments: